SCPG HOLIDAY HAPPY HOUR!!!
When: This Friday, December 18 at 4:30 p.m.
Since we are doing this from our homes, get in the mood by using any of the following suggestions:
- Make and sip a favorite holiday drink
- Wear holiday attire
- Share a favorite holiday tradition
Hi Everyone (Zoom Tips from Linda, your Zoom host)
Hope you will be able to join us. Have you ever been on a zoom call when people are talking over one another? (Can’t really hear anyone well)
Or when people are responding to texts, telephone calls or other people in their surroundings? (The loudest noise shifts to that person as speaker)
Or seen yourself eating on camera? (OMG! I had Chanukah dinner on Zoom with my grandchildren the other night; it was shocking how many times my fork made it to my mouth!!)
As your Zoom Happy Hour host, here are some tips so we can all enjoy the Zoom call and the social contact (some of us extroverts desperately need!)
- As I let people enter from the waiting room, please pause if you are speaking so I can welcome them to the call; or please do it for me and continue on with what you were saying. Sort of like an in-person party, when someone enters the room, we pause and greet them.
- Keep yourself muted so background noise in your home won’t interfere with transmission of the speaker. The loudest noise will overtake the ‘floor’.
- Speaker view provides a large picture of the speaker on the ‘floor’; gallery view puts us all on the screen but may be harder to see. In gallery view, the speaker has a border around their picture that lights up.
- If you need to move around (walking), please turn off video so we don’t get dizzy watching you.
- If you want to share something, take yourself off mute and raise your hand near to your face, so we can all see you have something to say. If there is more than one person, please let me call on someone. Or, use the chat box and write “call on me please” or name the topic and I will try to weave you into the queue.
- If the group is really larger than we expected, we can use breakout rooms, maybe 2-3, and you will be randomly assigned Let me know if you think we need to move in that direction.
- Only one person can be heard at a time; so let’s play what I call “Newscaster”. After I finish talking, I turn it over by saying someone’s name like they do on the news…Kristine. Pick someone who had their hand up or who has been quietly listening and would like to join in.
We are learning, so please try to use these tips and remember….This is Happy Hour! Let’s have FUN!!
Click on the link below:
Linda Tell is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Time: Dec 18, 2020 04:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting