Registration at 8:30 a.m.
Valley Hi Country Club
9595 Franklin Boulevard
Elk Grove, California
$25 for Early Bird registration before 10/11/2019; $45 thereafter
No refunds will be made for cancellations after 10/14/2019
* Hal Bartholomew, JD, CFLS
* Beverly Brautigam, CPA, MBA, PFS
* Amanda Hall, JD
* Deni Deutsch Marshall LCSW, BCD
*Betsey Williams, MS, LMFT
The course is designed to educate the mental health professional on the process of a legal divorce. It will cover general concepts and process options such as collaborative divorce and mediation as alternatives to litigation. Explanation of the basic issues of custody, support, and property division will be offered to help the mental health professional understand which part of the divorce process their client may be in and ways you can help them. There will be ample time to learn about the legal processes and how those specific approaches may affect your clients. You will have the opportunity to learn how mental health professionals use their skills to work closely with family law professionals
This Presentation Will Explain:
- The dissolution process, from initial petition filing to marital settlement agreement or trial.
- RFOs: What they are and when they are used?
- The differences between temporary and permanent restraining orders.
- Custody definitions: legal, physical, joint, and sole.
- The process and importance of Child Custody Recommending Counseling (CCRC), also known as custody mediation.
- The differences between litigation, mediation, and collaborative divorce.
- How the mental health professional’s perspective and skills apply to the process and benefit their clients.
Bartholomew & Wasznicky LLP (BW), CAM FT approved provider #137321, certifies that this course meets the qualifications for 3 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs and LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
BW is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAM FT) to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs and LCSWs. BW maintains reponsibility for this program/course and its content.
Course certificates will be awarded upon completion.